Friday, February 10, 2006

Walking Disaster

Well, having eventually recovered from my neck pains last week, and the following dodgy throat infection, I thought I was a picture of health....until this morning. Walking to work in a howling gale that was whipping up the snow into my face, I rushed down the hill and promptly ran straight into a patch of ice and found myself at an angle 90 degrees from where one usually expects to be. During this move towards the horizontal, I decided somewhere along the way that my elbow would be the most effective stopping mechanism. I grimaced, said some words that made me thankful that no one in the immediate vicinity were English speakers, and headed for the teachers` room. On removing my coat, I found a nicely swollen lump that was quickly turning blue. The very nice nurse (who I have got to know quite well this week) gave me cold patches to put on it and a rather fetching bandage to provoke sympathy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home