Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend with Jo

This weekend was very busy without actually achieving anything. This morning I felt absolutely dead, and when 6.30 came around, I had real trouble making my body listen to the message that I had to go and have a shower.

Saturday I helped out at Zenrinkan, then I dashed off and met Miura-sensei and Jo to go to a stained glass shop in Morioka. It was really interesting and you can watch them making stained glass items. They also have lots of antique furniture from England. I had a load of photos I had used for Zenrinkan with me, so I showed the owner the stained glass window I have in my porch in England and he was very excited. Hopefully we are going back soon to make a box ourselves. After that we had a drink at Sha-shan (nice Chinese tea shop run by a lady who lived in Scotland for a few years) and then went to have dinner at the volcano restaurant. This sounds more interesting than it is. It has absolutely nothing to do with exploding mountains, just the sign is red and black and looks a bit like lava, and as I cant read the name, it has become to be known as that. Was just typical izakaya food, but very good fried cheese! (I can just imagine the look on Mike`s face at the thought of that!)

Sunday was more eating, after a failed attempt at a lie in. This time in Numakunai. Then I spent my whole afternoon trying to write a blessed report for school. I had to write about when we went to visit the special ed school in Okunakayama, a topic that is a PC minefield in your own language, let alone a foreign one. God knows what I said! I also had a look at new cars, but didn't see anything I liked. There is a used car fayre next weekend, so who knows, I could be the proud owner of a new automobile this time next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home