Saturday, February 18, 2006

Japanese education lecture

Today Mike and I were very enthusiastic and motivated students and got the 8.30 train in order to attend a lecture at Iwate University about the education and problems of foreigners who live in Japan. Generally it was very interesting and half of the speakers were very clear and easy to understand. There was one woman who spoke so quietly I think only her computer screen could hear, and I have never heard anyone speak so fast in my life. Definitely a case of needing presentation skills training. There was one man though who had traveled all over the world and hitch-hiked in loads of countries and his speech was very interesting. He spoke about his travels and various aspects of multiculturalism.

In the afternoon we went to Sony Plaza to return some chocolates. I had bought a box of very expensive Maxim de Paris truffles and when I was eating one found a piece of wire about 1cm long in the chocolate. Luckily there were no injuries, but it could have been quite nasty if it had pierced the gum. So my supervisor rang up and complained and then I went in and they gave me a refund. I have also written to the manufacturer, so will be interesting if anything gets done about it. Watch this space....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home