Monday, May 01, 2006

Master of the brush

Saturday was a beautiful day here in Iwate-Numakunai, so we took advantage of the fine weather and went on a long walk. I may have lived here for almost three years, but I have never really been very far out of the town, so JTB took me to a little park that is actually only just off the main street, but I had never seen before. Stupidly, I didn't take a camera, and I was kicking myself, because the view was so beautiful and there was a cute little pond and I even caught a student smoking, so photographic evidence would have come in handy! I also risked life and limb crossing a bridge that was totally rotten. After JTB stepped on it and one of the planks disappeared into the murky waters below, it took a little convincing to get me to cross, but as he pointed out, it was only 3 inches deep and so unlikely to do anymore damage that slightly soggy ankles, so I darted across and reached the other side safe and dry. At the very top of the hill was a little picnic table and the most amazing view of Iwate-san and the town. After that we headed to the art museum and sat outside in their garden enjoying the sunshine, before having lunch in their cafe.

Other highlights of the weekend included a vigorous game of footie, making samosa, and a Ewan McGregor double bill. I also found out that I have passed level 4 of my calligraphy at last, so I am only 3 steps away from being a shodo master! Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home