Friday, April 21, 2006

Mad for a cuppa

It seems the news is full with tea news at the moment.

I had fully intended to vent my outrage at the price of Claridge's afternoon tea yesterday, but then it SNOWED (yes, it is April here too) and I totally lost my concentration.

So, Claridge's has been named best place in London to have afternoon tea, but it costs a crazy £28.50 per person!! I was truely shocked! I can pay for two weeks rent, half my car tax, a weeks food shopping, a meal for two including all-you-can-drink, or two month's mobile phone bill with £30. To spend that much on tea is just totally beyond my comprehension.

Especially when...

Ian and Dorothy Stubley, who have owned The Hazelmere Cafe for 22 years, will serve you the best brew in England with a homemade cake for a meger £5 a head.

See, a good cuppa tea truely lifts the spirits

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Only peasants drink tea at Claridges. It's £34 at the Ritz. But you get a lot for your money - unlimited tea, little tiny cucumber sandwiches with no crusts, various yummy cakes and an incredibly French waiter.

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it no matter how many strawberrys you fed Harry he still wants more?

L :)

2:07 pm  
Blogger niko-chan said...

He is just one hungry hedgehog!

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home