Friday, April 14, 2006

Name change

So some of you may be wondering why I decided to change my blog address. We have a mailing list for all the ALTs (assistant language teachers) in Iwate. Most Some of the time, this has useful information about teaching and events, but there are a few people on there who are bored in their offices and so spend their time just bitching about Japan, their job and other ALTs. Recently their has been one bloke who totally ripped apart Mike`s blog, even though he has probably never even met him. I have my suspicions that he is the guy who left the boring comment a while back.

At first I considered just leaving it and taking my chances, but I know I wont be able to resist reading the drivel that is their messages and if they write about mine I will be quite sad. I`m sure i should be making some sort of stand, but I am really not that attached to my address and I will be starting a new blog in August anyway - now job, new blog - just makes sense.

It is sad that out of the 200 odd people in Iwate, just because a hand full don't enjoy their job they have to write rubbish on the mailing list and ruin what was a useful tool. I just hope next year`s newbies will be a nicer bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home