Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Someone didn`t sleep enough...

I think I may be feeling a little bit tetchy today. I have found people are annoying me more than they should today, considering they aren't actually doing anything even slightly wrong.

My first example is the fact the teacher next to me keeps talking to herself. I don't mean the odd "oops" or "what do I need to do...?" I mean full blown conversations. I have noticed that people do talk to themselves here more than they do in England and it doesn't have the same connotation of being totally barking mad, but this woman takes it too far. I also have found myself conversing with inanimate objects now more than I have in the past though. My cooking ingredients often get a good talking to and I have many unreciprocated debates with my clothes. This is one of the two things I now do that I really hate when other people do and wish I could stop. The other is slapping your leg in a loud manner when something tickles your fancy. This is maybe the most annoying habit on the planet and I just want to hit people when they do it, but often I find myself doing just that.

The other thing that has annoyed me today is the noodle slurping. I know this is a cultural difference and I should appreciate the small oddities that make this such an interesting country to live in, but OMG, do they have to be so loud?! It is a disgusting noise however you look at it and if they have to do it at all, can they not just be a little more quiet? Actually, I have found that younger people do it a lot less. If you go to a ramen shop the old biddies are going at it hammer and tongs, but the teenagers tend to pile it on a spoon and not make any noise at all.


Will attempt to go to bed early and with any luck will be less easily incensed tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Umm, cheer up?

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home