Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The scent of spring

I have always thought of spring as a time of little fresh flowers poking through the soil, and blossom appearing on the trees and subsequently, a nice floral aroma. However, since someone pointed it out a while ago, I have been unable to ignore the other smell that rears its head come spring in Japan. As the snow melts, it reveals grass that has been buried for the best part of four months, and is thus somewhat rotten. Well, rotting to be precise. And now along with the flowers (which, by the way, are making the teacher next to me sneeze something rotten this year) I cannot help but notice the underlying scent of dying foliage. This has nipped my "thank God all the snow has gone" high in the bud.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't mention ALL the snow going. You know that will just means it will turn wintery again..besides we still have loads up here. I don't mind though...I'm away til next Friday!

You've been busy on your blog this afternoon huh??

6:16 am  
Blogger niko-chan said...

I`m sorry, not only did I mention spring, I also bought car washing stuff and I hung out my washing, and yes, it snowed. I take full responsibility. My apologies to Iwate.

6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home