Monday, December 05, 2005

Test Weekend

This weekend was generally good, apart from the few hours on Sunday morning where i wasted four hours of my life staring blankly at an exam paper. To tell the truth, the writing and listening were ok, it was just the reading section that left me a little baffled. The problem was, it was stupidly long for the time we had. This is nicely illustrated by the fact that when the moderator said "you have 5 minutes remaining" some guy at the front yelled "Jesus!!" very loudly. Mike (who took the same level as me) reckons he has probably passed. I have absolutely no idea, as guessed most of the writing, so haven't got a clue how bad it was. There is always luck to depend on. I consoled myself by talking to Ryan who was taking level one, which is the mother of all Japanese tests, and therefore totally impossible.

Other than that, on Saturday we did a nice spot of shopping and went and met some ex-students who are at uni in Sendai for tea and went to a really swanky restaurant that turned out to only cost 900yen (4.50GBP) for a meal, dessert and glass of wine! bonus (^o^).

On Sunday, after the test was finished, we got a taxi back and met my bro and Mai, although briefly. We went and sat in a coffee shop while they talked and me and mike stared blankly at the wall trying to make our brains work. About 4.30, we got a shink back to Numakunai and I wrapped up all my presents I had bought whilst consuming the majority of a bottle of wine to overcome post-test confusion/stress/braindeadness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home