Saturday, June 18, 2005


Relay races


In one of my strange bouts of enthusiasm, I signed up to help out at the international plaza relay races, and in my normal fashion, there was no way I was going down by myself, so I cajoled Jo and Mike into it too. Our role was supposed to be "demonstrating and score keeping", but due to odd numbers on the teams, we found ourselves in the 30oC heat on a Saturday afternoon with a balloon between our knees and paper plates on our feet. I must say, when I signed up for it I was expecting kids, but the only people under 18 stood at the side with a bemused look on their face while their parents spun themselves round a baseball bat. No need to say, after that we desperately needed a pint, so took ourselves off for a swift one in cafe38.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home