Monday, July 03, 2006

It`s the thought that counts

Whenever reading the Company Bitch and the trials she goes through with the presents her boyfriend buys her, I always feel lucky to have always received fairly appropriate presents. So I was a little baffled when on Saturday JTB presented me with 4 small crustaceans.

When we were in Okinawa we found a hermit crab on the beach and were playing with it while we were watching the sea, so when he saw 4 little ones for sale in Hachiya he said he remembered sitting on the beach so he bought them for me.

I was a little dubious at first as they look a bit like spiders when they scuttle around, but now I have got used to the way they move, I am really starting to like them. Last night we made a pen for them to run around in and they whizzed about and climbed over the books and rocks we put in there.

Guess it is as good a replacement as anything when I have to leave my fish behind.

Shame my house smells like the sea.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've still got the crabbing lines from Walberswick if you're interested.........

9:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like a photograph please.

2:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home