Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday fun

I think as the weather has become a little warmer now, people have come out of hibernation, because Saturday I was overwhelmed with stuff to do for the first time in ages.

In the morning I headed down south to Morioka with some students to go bowling. First we met the rest of the table tennis club in Bukkuri Donkey and ate lunch there. It was a good buy party for the third years who are graduating, so all the food was courtesy of the table tennis club budget, so of course tasted much better than usual. After that we moved to the bowling alley and played a game and did some print club. I came second in bowling, which is better than my usual position of last, but probably due to the lack of talent from the rest of the players, not an improvement in my ability. Print club with students is really rather fun. After you take the picture you can decorate it on a screen. I have never seen so many stamps on one sticker! They just go crazy! I think actually knowing what is going on spoils it a bit though. Trying to do it while drunk with 5 people of whom nobody can read kanji is much more entertaining.


After we finished I drove two hours north to Jo`s house. I arrived to find them watching some rather strange French film and quite a few empty beer cans. After a bit of a chat, we headed off to Ninohe to an Italian restaurant. One of Jo`s friends quite likes a boy that was coming, so everyone was rather exciting, but to mine and Jo`s excitement, the object of affection also bought a rather nice marine biologist, so we spent the evening practicing our Japanese using the "we only just met and don`t speak the same language so let`s just ask random questions" method.


One good thing was that I got to well and truly try out my car. In total I drove over 4 hours that day and I can say she is a little dream to drive. The engine is only about 660cc, but it has a turbo and she goes quite well. We decided to call her Daisy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Who are all those people in the middle picture? Which one's you?

11:17 am  
Blogger niko-chan said...

They are Jo`s JES (Japanese English Speakers) and JES`s friends. I am not in it. I am taking the picture. If you look closely they are all Japanese, and...well, I`m not. ;o) The grey jumper man trying to escape from the picture on the left is the Marine biologist.

11:17 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Looks like I'll have to surround my jokes with [humour][/humour] tags from now on.

10:05 am  
Blogger niko-chan said...

ha, a joke hey...mm, maybe you should try less obscure ones? :op

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home