Thursday, July 27, 2006

Matsuri!!

A few days ago it was our town`s summer(?) festival. In fact I am not sure what festival it was, but they decorated one of the shrines and had lots of stalls and pretty lights and most importantly festival food. When there is fried chicken and crepes involved, a reason just isn`t necessary. I went on the last day just after school and of course it was just swarming with students. Lots of them came running up offering bites of whatever they had just bought. It was all kind of adding to my general celebrity feeling. Think it is best I am leaving very soon or I may develop one hell of an ego.

Stupidly, I forgot to take my camera to the actual thing, but here is a picture of JTB in his festival getup (which he then chickened out of wearing). Next week is the Sansa festival in Morioka and he has promised he will wear it to that on the condition I wear a yukata. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home