Sunday, August 14, 2005

This is the dorm I stayed in in the second week. It was amazingly similar to our uni halls, but had a fantastic bathroom on the ground floor. I doubt anyone could have called Waveney bathrooms fantastic. It also had a really good "school dinners" canteen, where everything had been heated at least three times. Wonderful!

Getting here was fun though. I asked a girl at the school how to get there and she said take a 31 bus from this particular station, so I went to the station and low and behold, there was no 31 bus. So carrying my luggage and feeling not happy in the 33oC heat and humidity, I dragged myself off to find a little man. He looked at all the timetables for a while and having established a lack of 31 buses, he took me to the "control room" to look at the BIG bus map. The two little men conferred for a while and then decided it was basically impossible to describe to a stupid gaijin who didn't know where she was, and so drove me the whole 30 minutes in the company car to the dorms!!! They were so kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home