Friday, July 22, 2005

Today was the teachers "we made it through the term and need a stiff drink" enkai. Actually , it was one of the best I have been to so far. Most people were late, so they just gave up on all the formal ceremony stuff and everyone gave their best effort towards getting very, very, very drunk. Again had the "ooh, terrible about London" conversation with lots of different people, which inevitably ended up with me being in need of far more vocab than I possess, especially when confronted with questions such as "do you blame Bush for the attacks on London, or is Blair equally to blame?" which although I was happy I could understand the question, I am unsure I could have answered it in English, let alone Japanese! So I concentrated on getting wasted, as if you have beer in your mouth, of course you cant answer difficult questions. I also got to do the kanpai when the third wave of guests arrived. It was amusing because everyone repeated me as I said it, just like a lesson!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home